Data released by the Board of Investments (BOI) showed that the Philippines remains a preferred global investment destination for investors. From January to May of this year, the number of investments in the country rose by 70%, from 128 projects to 218. BOI chairman Ramon Lopez said the value of registered investment in the first five months of the year also rose 25% from a year earlier to PHP174.5bn. The BOI data further showed that the projects approved in the January to May period are mostly high-impact, socially relevant, and labor intensive. These projects are expected to generate some 51,847 new jobs once operational. Lopez said the latest data only showed that despite the situation in Marawi and the incident in Resorts World, it is still business as usual in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information