Eton Properties Philippines Inc, a Lucio Tan-led property developer, announced plans to build more environment-friendly office spaces to optimize growth of the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry. Part of the plan is to power Eton’s Cyberpod’s office buildings in Quezon City with a 5.2 megawatts power supply from the Makban geothermal power plant in Batangas. Eton Properties deputy chief operating officer Josefino Lucas said BPO operations need uninterruptible, round-the-cloud power supply, especially in the Philippines. Eton and AboitizPower Corp, operator and manager of Makban geothermal power plant, have already formalized their power supply partnership.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information