A study conducted by the Singapore Management University and JP Morgan showed that the Philippines needs to address skills challenges in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry and other crucial industries. The year-long study recommends that the Philippine government prioritize spending on education to raise the standards of teaching facilities and the quality of teachers and trainers. The study focused on the skills challenges faced by the Asean economies of Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines. Other key Philippines industries mentioned in the study are tourism and electronics and electrical manufacturing. The study said that the Philippines has the second lowest fiscal spending on education among the five Asean nations.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information