Aiming to launch an information and communications technology framework, the Philippines’ Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) and non-profit advocacy group Internet Society have recently forged a partnership. According to the planners of the National ICT Ecosystem Framework, or NICTEF, the ICT roadmap shows how governments can engage citizens and other stakeholder groups in crafting policies that will benefit their constituencies. It was formally unveiled at the Richmonde Hotel Eastwood in Manila on Wednesday, in a ceremony attended by both private and public representatives. The objective of NICTEF, its proponents said, is to make industry development inclusive, as well as to generate more jobs, empower those living in the margins of society, uphold transparency and accountability in government, and reinforce trust and confidence in the economy. The framework is a successor to the Philippine Digital Strategy initiative implemented from 2011 to 2016.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information