Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company (PLDT) has announced plans to outsource most of its IT elements starting next year. According to its chairman, president and CEO Manuel V. Pangilinan, the outsourcing plan is aimed at cutting costs and forms part its turnaround strategy. Pangilinan said the key operations that PLDT will be outsourcing include its billing engine, online platforms, service delivery platforms, CRM, OSS centers and business support systems. The telco giant has not identified its outsourcing partner yet and Pangilinan said PLDT decided to outsource the bulk of its back-office operations last March. Pangilinan said 2017 should look positive for PLDT despite the company being hit by shrinking revenues.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information