Joanna Wasiewska, the deputy head of Mission of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Manila, has said that the number of Polish business process outsourcing (BPO) firms in the Philippines is growing. The outsourcing companies include Cinnovation, a call center and consulting firm established in Manila in 2008, and Lingaro, an information technology-business process management (IT-BPM) center that launched in 2014. Cinnovation and Lingaro have investments of around US$1 million and US$2 million respectively. With Poland reopening its embassy in Manila after a 24-year break Wasiewska said the Polish government wants to increase its presence and improve its bilateral economic relations. Poland’s embassy in Manila was shut down in 1994 owing to budgetary constraints. Despite the long absence of an embassy, latest bilateral trade was placed at US$500 million. Wasiewska said an increased exchange of trade, people to people contacts, and tourism for both countries are among the expected outcomes of the move.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information