To push the information technology and business process management (IT-BPM) industry forward, the IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) has conducted its first-ever Industry Awareness Fair (IAF) at the SMX Convention Center, SM Aura Premier in Taguig City. Cathy Ileto, IBPAP vice chairperson of the Board of Trustees, said the event is one of their initiatives to empower workers. IAF 2018, which is free and open to the public, showcases job opportunities in contact centers and other key sectors, such as IT and software development, creative, gaming, global-in house centers, animation, and healthcare management. Among the highlights of the event were the “Innovation for the Future” program, which explores the startup community; and the launching of the IBPAP’s Industry Career Portal, ItStartsHere.ph, which is designed to help senior high school and graduating students and professionals in choosing jobs. About 2,000 participants attended the event.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information