Palayan City’s proposed information technology park (ITP) has now received the approval of President Rodrigo Duterte. The ITP, officially known as the Palayan City Government Center and Business Hub, will house a government center and call centers for 12,000 agents. The park is a four-building complex. Two buildings were especially built for BPO operations. Another building is the government center which houses the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration’s One-Stop-Shop. President Duterte issued Proclamation No. 526 designating the three-hectare complex as an IT park. Palayan City is located in Nueva Ecija. Mayor Rhianne Cuevas also announced the setting up of an office by BPO Sutherland Global Services in the city, which will start operations this September with 700 seats, to be ramped up to 1,750 seats by June 2019.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information