The Philippines government has recently presented its industrial development program, dubbed Inclusive Innovation Industry Strategy (i3S) to Japanese investors for possible cooperation and investments. The i3S prioritizes the growth and development of 12 major industries, including the information technology-business process management (IT-BPM), particularly knowledge process outsourcing (KPO). According to the Department of Trade and Industry and the Board of Investments, the i3S will usher in the upgrading of local industries, which will allow them to better participate in global value chains, and generate more, better quality, and higher value jobs for the Philippine workforce. The Philippines and Japan conducted the third round of their Industrial Cooperation Dialogue late last month as part of the continued cooperation between the two countries to focus on strategic areas of partnership. The third round of dialogue between the Philippines and Japan is expected to deepen the cooperation and further boost trade and investment ties between the two countries.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information