Despite the protectionist statements by US President Donald Trump, US businesses continue to outsource to the Philippines, according to Convergys Asia Pacific president Ivic P. Mueco. The local business process outsourcing (BPO) industry has not seen the protectionist environment really impacting business, she said. While some companies have decided to move back onshore, Mueco said this may not necessarily be driven by Trump’s stance. Convergys, she added, has seen several clients moved back to the US, but the company has also taken on new clients.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information