The Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) said the Philippines will continue to be the global leader in the information technology and business process management (IT-BPM) space despite the challenges of automation. CCAP president Benedict Hernandez said the industry will continue to grow and will not decline nor stand still because it is shifting to mid-range to complex jobs. In a press briefing, Hernandez said the country’s IT-BPM industry will continue to add over 73,000 jobs per year, with revenues growing 8% per year to USD20bn in six years, taking into account the impact of automation. The industry’s growth will also be buoyed by increasingly diversified industries and markets. He said clients now include those in Europe and Asia-Pacific, as well as from the US.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information