The Philippine economy is sound, and will sustain its robust growth in 2019 despite growing external uncertainties, according to business leaders and top government economists attending the recent Pilipinas Conference spearheaded by independent think tank Stratbase ADR Institute in Makati. Diwa Guinigundo, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas deputy governor, said the country’s economy will sustain growth momentum in the coming years and is not in danger of overheating. George Barcelon, chairman of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, also agreed the economy will grow next year, but that growth would be higher if reforms are implemented more aggressively. Specifically, reforms aimed at uplifting small and medium enterprises and improving education and skills training will help propel the country’s economic growth faster. Stratbase ADRi president Dindo Manhit said poverty reduction and labor expansion should also be prioritized to make the benefits of growth more inclusive.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information