A union of workers at Alorica Philippines has accused the management of the outsourcing firm of union busting practices, after it decided to terminate the employment of three workers who are officers of the United Employees of Alorica (UEA) union. Included in the group is UEA president Sarah Prestoza, who is also an officer of the BPO Industry Employees’ Network (BIEN). In a statement, BIEN said Alorica made the decision to terminate Prestoza and two others following a 30-day suspension against them for participating in a demonstration last September. UEA claims the decision is part of Alorica’s attempts to undermine the union. UEA is registered at the Department of Labor and Employment, but Alorica has questioned the union’s legality since its inception in 2015.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information