Senatorial candidate Mar Roxas has recommended giving additional tax incentives to business process outsourcing (BPO) companies who will train their employees to enhance their skills. Roxas said it is in the interest of BPO firms to train their employees to move up; therefore, the training of Filipinos can be incentivized. Incentives could come either in the form of deductions or double deductions in taxes, he added. Roxas said the incentives would aid the BPO industry in facing present-day challenges, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data. According to Roxas, the country’s investment package for foreign businesses in the BPO industry should consist of incentives, education, infrastructure, and amenities to keep up with current technological advances. He said the country cannot convince companies to locate here if the business environment is not conducive for business. Roxas has been credited for helping bring the BPO industry to the Philippines in 2000.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information