The province of Samar has officially created its own Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Council in an attempt to become the next technology hub and lure business process outsourcing (BPO) locators. The Spark Samar ICT Council, which is fully supported by key ICT industry players in the province, was officially launched in preparation for the implementation of the Rural Impact Sourcing program and other ICT programs in the province. The ICT Council is composed of representatives from the national and local government, academe, and the business sector. Embracing ICT is a tool to promote economic development and generate jobs and investments for Samar, according to provincial administrator Mario Quijano. The council is expected to help generate jobs within the province. The Philippine government has been urging provinces and cities outside of Metro Manila to beef up their capabilities to support outsourcing activities to generate more jobs in their respective places.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information