Property consultant and advisory firm, Santos Knight Frank, said that business process outsourcing (BPO) companies are unaffected by concerns on automation and taxation as they continue to invest in their expansions in the country. The firm said the Philippines remains an attractive destination for global BPO companies due to ability, accessibility and affordability. Even as the tax incentives may be cut down, Santos Knight Frank senior director for research and consultancy Jan Custodio said all other factors are still generally better when compared to other locations. He added that the issue on incentives has been expected by many BPOs and many of them continue to consider expanding in popular hubs outside Metro Manila, such as Cebu, Clark, Davao, Bacolod, and Iloilo. The property consultant expects the next wave of expansions in the next three to five years to happen in the 80-kilometer corridor from Metro Manila going north of Pampanga on the back of new infrastructure projects.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information