Seven provinces in the Philippines have emerged as potential hubs for business process outsourcing (BPO) operations, according to property consultants Leechiu. The seven provinces are Cagayan, Pangasinan, Bulacan, Batangas, Aklan, Leyte and Bohol. Leechiu recommends the aforementioned markets to BPO companies because of their healthy labor pool, local government support, fiber optic connectivity, accessibility and strong tourism potential. Leechiu explained that BPO companies have not tapped the locations cited because of the lack of awareness about these areas. It is also encouraging more BPO companies to locate in Taytay, Binangonan, Antipolo and Cainta in Rizal; Calamba, Biñan and Sta. Rosa in Laguna; Imus, Dasmariñas, Rosario and Bacoor in Cavite; and Cagayan de Oro in Misamis Oriental.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information