The Subdivision and Housing Developers Association (SHDA) is studying the possibility of introducing a socialized housing program for workers in the business process outsourcing (BPO). SHDA board member Sol Lagmay said the group is studying the employment structure of BPO employees to provide them with the housing program. She said the BPO sector is a big sector in the industry that needs housing. One of the challenges, however, is the lack of security of tenure of BPO employees because most of them do not stay that long in their job, Lagmay said. She added that the SHDA Manila plans to create a mechanism that will protect BPO employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information