Senator Sony Angara said investment pledges in the country’s business process outsourcing sector are starting to pick up again after the Senate decided to retain the current tax incentives offered to the industry. The investment commitments slowed down prior to the decision of the Senate. Some investors were even delaying their decisions to invest amidst earlier plans to alter the current tax regime for BPO investors. The IT-Business Process Association of the Philippines also confirmed that investment pledges in the country are now showing “signs of recovery” because of the Senate’s move. The group thanked Senate for its decision to support the IT-BPM industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information