A report released by Technavio predicts that the IT spending market in Southeast Asia should grow steadily at a CAGR of above 6% until 2021. The report covers Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. The growth of the region’s IT spending is expected to be buoyed up by the increased adoption of mobility solutions. Mobility plays a significant role in the uninterrupted data sharing process and also facilitates financial inclusion that enables individuals without access to a bank to use mobile e-commerce, mobile banking and mobile money, the report added. This increased mobility will result in a rise in the need for IT services and software development centers, which will subsequently fuel the growth of the IT spending market in South East Asia. Among the top vendors driving growth identified in the report are Apple, Dell, HP, Samsung Electronics and Accenture.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information