Philippine IT firm SPi Global announced it has completed the transaction for the acquisition of Scope e-Knowledge Center, the private equity-backed knowledge process outsourcing unit of Quatrro. Established in 1987, Chennai-based Scope e-Knowledge Center provides specialised knowledge services for publishers and information providers. It has delivery centres at Chennai and Salem in Tamil Nadu. SPi Global President and CEO Ratan Datta said the acquisition of Scope is part of SPi’s strategic plan to expand and become the undisputed leader in content technology and knowledge services industries. It will reinforce our ongoing efforts to build a suite of solutions for data-discovery and smart content in STM publishing, healthcare and a wide spectrum of professional content segments. With a workforce of more than 14,700 in six countries, SPi Global delivers business services from 19 centres across the globe. It operates in the Philippines, India, the US, China, Nicaragua and Vietnam.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information