At least 2,000 jobs are available in today’s jobs fair organized by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) in Bacolod City to mark the nation’s celebration of its 120th Independence Day. The bulk of the vacancies will come from business process outsourcing (BPO) firms, according to DOLE Negros Occidental Field Office head Mary Agnes Capigon. The jobs fair, which will be held at the Event Center of the 888 Premier Mall, will feature 2,422 job vacancies from 20 local firms and 10 licensed agencies for overseas work. On the same day last year, there were 1,302 registered applicants, of which 653 applicants qualified for various jobs and 160 were Hired-On-The-Spot or HOTS. Today’s jobs fair is called ‘2018 Kalayaan, Trabaho, Negosyo at Kabuhayan’ (‘2018 Freedom, Work, Business and Economy’), and forms part of various events held around the country in celebration of Philippines Independence Day.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information