A survey conducted by consulting firm Willis Towers Watson showed that salary increases in the private sector are slowing down as employers now use merit-based reward systems. According to the survey, employers hold off on adjusting salaries to make sure top performers are rewarded. For 2016, the average increase was only 5%, a notch lower than the 6% increase budgeted by companies. The 1% difference is due to the companies’ merit-based system, where only high performing employees are rewarded. In terms of bonuses, business process outsourcing (BPO) firms were among those that gave the lowest last year, giving a mere 0.9 month worth of bonus.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information