Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) and Infosys both increased employee hiring in the recently concluded 2018-2019 fiscal year compared to FY2017-18, a Fortune report said. Both companies employed about 42,000 IT experts, showing growth of more than 350%. TCS, based in Mumbai, added 29,287 staff in the financial year ending March 31, while Infosys, based in Bengaluru, hired 24,016 software experts, the report said. The two firms hired 53,303 staff in the 2018-2019 financial year, compared to the 11,500 employees they added in FY2017-18. For the financial year just ended, TCS hired 7,775 workers, while Infosys hired 3,743, according to the report, indicating that demand for jobs in the USD167bn Indian software services industry has increased. Industry insiders said that in 2019, IT firms are expected to hire experts in data science, data analysis, solution architects, product management, digital marketing, machine learning, and artificial intelligence (AI), as well as blockchain and cyber security.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information