Bracing themselves for the expected stringent visa norms to be unveiled by the new American administration, outsourcing giants Infosys and Tata Consultancy Services said they will hire more engineers from campuses in the United States. US Senator Jeff Sessions earlier said the administration of Donald Trump will push for legislative reform to curb what he termed as abuse of H-1Bn visas for foreign workers. The policy could greatly affect the USD150bn Indian outsourcing industry, which has mostly relied on hiring large numbers of engineering graduates in India for overseas assignments. UB Pravin Rao, chief operating officer at Infosys, has confirmed that the company is now looking at hiring from more colleges in the US.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information