Sudhir Agarwal, the chief executive of Everise and C3/CustomerContactChannels, said that Filipinos working in the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector will not be replaced by technology. Instead, new technology will augment workers in the industry by making processes more efficient and faster. He also pointed out that according to research 83% of call center customers prefer to speak with another person to explain and answer their questions and concerns. As such, there will always be a need for human interaction and so for human employees in the BPO sector. Agarwal pointed out, however, that the Philippines still needs to innovate and embrace technology if it wants to remain a global leader in the BPO sector. The BPO sector of the Philippines, which employs over 1.15 million people, is expected to capture 15 percent of the global outsourcing market in the next four years.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information