Incentives are important to sustain the growth of industries like business process management (BPM), according to H. Karthik of the Everest Group. Karthik was backing the stance taken by the Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) for the retention of current fiscal incentives under the upcoming second tax reform package. Since the second package of the Tax Reform for Acceleration and Inclusion (Train) was originally crafted, CCAP has sought for the retention of the incentives to maintain the country’s stature as an attractive outsourcing business destination. According to Karthik, incentives make the industry competitive in the midst of amplified competition in the global market. The incentives given to the BPM industry have also been considered as a template for other countries. Other countries have been generous in giving similar incentives to the BPM industry to further spur its growth, said Karthik.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information