Tholons chairman and CEO Avinash Vashistha said Cebu has to improve its digital credentials and skills if it wants to move up to the top 10 in the Super Cities of the World list. Vashistha said Cebu did not fare well in areas such as digital credentials, quality of life, talent skills and quality, among others. Vashistha was speaking at the 2018 Transformation Summit organized by the Cebu IT BPM Organization (CIB.O). He also cited how Cebu, which was once seventh place in the list of best outsourcing sites in the world dropped to 12th place last year when Tholons added new digital categories. He also said that Cebu has to focus more on the opportunities instead of threats posed by digital disruption, saying that more than 200 million jobs will be created by new technology investments during the 2013-2022 period. These jobs will come from robotic process automation, big data analytics and mobile app testing, Vashistra added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information