To increase the city’s competitiveness in the knowledge and business process outsourcing (KPO and BPO) industries, Bacolod City needs to take action in scaling up the skills of its local talents. Global real estate services and research firm Colliers has noted how Bacolod City dropped from 85th place in 2016 to 97th in 2017 in the Tholons Globalization Index Top 100 Super Cities. The decline in the city’s ranking, Colliers said, could affect Bacolod’s ability to attract more outsourcing investors. The city produces 14,000 college graduates annually, with 30% of them holding engineering, IT, mathematics and medical-related degrees. Although the city is still a preferred location for outsourcing operations, Colliers said that Bacolod’s talent pool needs to scale up if the city wants to get a larger slice of the local KPO sector pie. Equipping graduates with outsourcing-ready skills will also play an important role in the city’s goal of employing 60,000 BPO and KPO workers by 2022, according to the Colliers report.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information