Philippines and India are known as the two top business process outsourcing (BPO) destinations but both rank low in terms of Internet speed. The Philippines ranks 108th, the lowest in Southeast Asia, whereas India is at 97th. According to Q4 2016 report by US-based global content delivery network, Akamai, the Philippines has the lowest average connection speed at 4.5 megabits per second (mbps) in the Asia-Pacific region. However, the Philippine government is optimistic to improve its Internet speed with the approval of the national broadband network aimed to run online government services and to extend Internet services in rural areas.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information