Global business process outsourcing (BPO) firm Transcom Holding AB is further expanding its operations in the Philippines in the next two to three years. The expansion will not be in Metro Manila, but will target the second- and third-tier cities in the country. Transcom seeks to expand its current manpower in the Philippines from 9,000 to 15,000 during the expansion period, according to Mark Lyndsell, the company’s CEO for the English Region. Transcom already has operations in Iloilo and Bacolod, as well as its Manila operations, but Lyndsell said it will continue to expand into other developing cities. He did not specify which cities that the company is considering. The country already hosts one third of Transcom’s global operations comprising 27,000 people across 20 other countries and 33 languages.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information