Sweden is keen on exploring developments, opportunities and business partnerships in the province of Negros Occidental in the Visayas. The move is part of the Swedish government’s efforts to increase trade and investment exchange between Sweden and the Philippines. Swedish Ambassador to the Philippines Harald Fries said the business process outsourcing (BPO) is one of the areas that Sweden is interested in exploring. Fries said Swedish BPO company Transcom Worldwide is very successful in Bacolod and is happy to be in the province. BPO is one of the growing industries in Negros Occidental. Fries added that a lot of young Swedish people in the IT sector are coming to the Philippines to try their business models here.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information