A Donald Trump presidency could threaten the burgeoning business process outsourcing (BPO) sector in the Philippines, an investor survey showed. The survey, conducted by Nomura Holdings Inc, flags a long list of worries under a Trump presidency, including the risks that the Philippines could face. According to Nomura, Trump’s pledge to bring jobs back to the US may threaten the Philippines’ BPO sector, which caters mostly to US companies. The Philippines also faces possible immigration restrictions. Nomura said Filipinos in the US account for about 31% of total worker remittances, which is a key source of foreign inflows for the local economy.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information