The first half of 2017 represents the strongest half-year performance for the outsourcing market in the UK since the first half of 2012, said Patrick Quinn, CEO of Arvato Financial Solutions UK and Ireland. The Arvato Outsourcing Index showed that outsourcing deals totaling GBP5.2bn were struck in the UK during the six months of the year, with private sector IT-related contracts accounting for GBP3.8bn of the total. Application management and hosting were cited as being the most popular IT services for the private sector to outsource during the said period. Network infrastructure, security architecture requirements, and an uptick in the use of cloud computing also accounted for 62% of the overall IT outsourcing in H1, according to Arvato Outsourcing.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information