Philippine EconomiC Zone Authority (PEZA) Director General Charito Plaza confirmed that a big American-owned BPO company is ready to move in to the Dagupan City economic zone this year. Plaza did not mention the name of the US outsourcing firm, but she said the company would be hiring about 1,000 workers. PEZA earlier designated Dagupan City as one of the newest economic zones in the country to specialize in business process outsourcing, information technology and tourism. A local firm, USATV, has announced plans to build an IT building to house incoming investors to the ecozone.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information