A report by the US State Department’s Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs said the business process outsourcing (BPO) and tourism industries in the Philippines have experienced tremendous growth in recent years, thanks to the country’s educated, English-speaking workforce. The US Department said the Philippines is becoming a more attractive destination for foreign direct investment (FDI), with foreign investments hitting USD5.72bn last year. The report, however, stressed that poor infrastructure, including high power costs and slow broadband connections, regulatory inconsistency and corruption are major constraints to investment.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information