Philippine ambassador to the US Jose L. Cuisia Jr. has urged investors from the US state of Georgia to explore the emerging opportunities in the Philippines, especially the country’s booming business process outsourcing (BPO) sector. In an interview with a US publication, Cuisia said he wants to see a trade mission from Georgia explore the trade and investment opportunities in the Philippines. He pointed to the growth in the country’s BPO and the growth of the business process management industry generally. The industry, he said, provides back operations such as call centers to global businesses. He also mentioned the trained Filipino nurses, currently working in the country’s healthcare IT outsourcing companies, who are knowledgeable about the terminology in the various medical fields.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information