Vietnam is emerging as a potential IT outsourcing centre, challenging the dominance of long-time leaders India and the Philippines, according to a report released by Forbes. The report cited Vietnam’s “tech spirit” and talented population as among the factors that could transform the country into an Asian IT hub. Vietnamese employees are also very loyal to their employers, reflecting the importance that Vietnamese culture places on family bonds. The sectors that are currently using outsourced IT talent in Vietnam the most include technology, financial services, media, gaming, software integrator and businesses looking to cost-effectively explore emerging trends such as AI, machine learning and block chain. However, the report said Vietnam needs to maintain its diligence in cultivating talent to fuel the growth of outsourcing in the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information