The local government of Negros Occidental has expressed optimism that the completion of new major projects in the province this year will result to the creation of more job opportunities for Negrenses. Negros Occidental Provincial Administrator Lucille Gelvolea cited the example of the business process outsourcing (BPO) building of Ayala Land Inc, which has already been completed, and will result in more employment for call center agents. The local government of Negros has been promoting the province as a viable destination for outsourcing locators, citing its pool of young and college-educated workforce. After the power industry, most developments in Negros Occidental are in the tourism and BPOs sectors. The Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation of Information and Communications Technology (BNEFIT), the umbrella organization of IT and business process management (BPM) associations in the province of Negros, earlier appealed to the academe to help train, develop, and grow local talents to increase the available pool of BPO talent.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information