A report released by consulting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) said Vietnam’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is following a similar growth trajectory to that of India and the Philippines. However, PwC Vietnam general director Dinh Thi Quynh Van said the country’s workforce need to stay innovative to meet the ever-increasing demand in the market. Giant technology companies like Intel, IBM, Samsung Display, Nokia, and Microsoft continue to invest in Vietnam’s growing tech workforce, citing skills and adaptability and the low staff turnover in the sector. Another major factor that makes Vietnam attractive is the tendency of people to stay on in the country, unlike IT professionals in India, Malaysia and other countries who are ready to move to other countries for jobs that pay well, according to reports. In 2017, PwC’s report dubbed “Spotlight on Vietnam” also indicated that BPO was among the country’s most five promising sectors to invest in.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information