Philippine vice president Jejomar Binay has proposed the creation of a public-private council that will address the country’s worsening jobs-skills mismatch. The council will be composed of heads of business associations and industries, such as the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, business process outsourcing (BPO) associations, the Federation of Filipino Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industries, and several others. The council, which will also include the country’s learning and training agencies, will advise in the development of course curricula to fit the needs of industries and in projecting job trends to address the jobs-skills mismatch, Binay said. Joey Salgado, the campaign communications director of Binay, who is running for president, said advising schools about job trends and equipping students with the necessary skills will reduce the imbalance of jobs-skills mismatch in the country.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information