US banking giant Wells Fargo continues to expand its call center operations in the Philippines, where it has had operations since 2011. The bank declined to provide details on its growth across its Philippines operations but said its call center presence in the country is equivalent to the size of its US call centers. The bank said its though that its operation had grown from less than 100 to more than 4,000 over six years. Additionally, Wells Fargo said it is building another site that could seat more than 7,000. In the US, the bank is shutting down its center in Bethlehem, Pa, where about 460 people are employed.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information