Expansion in the business process outsourcing (BPO) and robust overseas workers’ remittances remain the main factors cited for the economic growth in Central Luzon. According to BDO Unibank Inc chairperson Teresita Sy-Coson Central Luzon is growing faster than the rest of the country, with over 7.2% regional real GDP growth from 2011 to 2016. The main factors in supporting growth are the remittances from overseas workers, the rapid urbanization of the Philippine countryside, particularly Pampanga, and the rapid expansion of the outsourcing industry. Sy-Coson said Central Luzon will play a significant role in helping the Philippines retain its position as Asia’s fastest-growing region.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information