Global IT and outsourcing firm Wipro has won a contract to manage the data center and cloud services of European energy firm Innogy SE. The size of the deal was not disclosed and Wipro is expected to help Innogy to rationalize, virtualize, and consolidate its IT infrastructure. Wipro said it will invest in and maintain the twin data centers in Germany. It has 11 delivery centers in Europe, with German speaking staff across offices in Frankfurt, Fellbach, Meerbusch, Munich, Hamburg, Vienna, and Zurich. Innogy CIO Marcus Schaper said Wipro is the best partner on the company’s IT journey around data center services. The contract with Wipro has been extended in the UK until 2024, he added.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information