IT outsourcing giant Wipro is growing fast in Latin America, particularly in Mexico and Costa Rica, after it launched an intense focus on business process services (BPS). Regionally, Wipro has around 1,700 people in BPS, with Mexico representing the bulk of their LatAm focus. Wipro’s gains in Latin America followed years of instability in the region, given the fact that competitor Tata Consultancy Services established its presence ahead. Wipro, however, managed to carve out its identity in the Latin America outsourcing sector by providing BPS instead of the classic ADM functions that characterized the emergence of TCS.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information