Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi praised the Philippines’ service sector, saying it is no wonder many of New Delhi’s information technology companies have invested in Manila. Hailing the country’s services sector as a powerhouse, Modi said the Philippines continues to challenge India’s dominance as the top business process outsourcing (BPO) destination in the world. The Indian leader also hailed the Philippine government’s efforts to implement “change,” noting the current administration’s ambitious infrastructure push and intensive anti-corruption drive to make the business environment more conducive. India, which used to house the largest number of voice-based BPO services in the world, was overtaken by the Philippines in 2011.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information