An Indian company has signed a share purchase agreement with a Philippine firm for the acquisition of the latter’s personal care business. The Ang-Hortaleza Corporation (AHC) has agreed to sell 100% of its stake in the personal care unit of Splash Corporation (SC) to Wipro Consumer Care (WCC). WCC is part of the Wipro Group of Companies, a top global information technology, consulting, and business process services firm based in India. Nagender Arya, regional director at WCC, said that the deal boosts WCC’s portfolio in personal care and completes its Southeast Asian footprint, and is in line with its vision of being among the top three companies in personal care in Asia. Splash is one of the largest personal care firms in the Philippines, with several iconic brands across various personal care categories. Dr. Rolando B. Hortaleza, SC’s CEO and founder, said being part of Wipro would allow them easier access to resources that will promote faster growth of the business.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information