BPO industry’s online hiring grows 12%

BPO industry’s online hiring grows 12%

BPO industry’s online hiring grows 12%

Online hiring in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in the Philippines rose 12% in the month of March, according to Monster.com. Data from the Monster Employment Index (MEI) revealed that overall online hiring activity in the country in March surged 13%. Industries that posted strong demand growth included healthcare at 25%, consumer goods and hospitality at 24%, and logistics at 22%. Meanwhile, online employment of banks increased 15%; manufacturing, 8%; advertising, 7%; and construction, 6%. While most industries that were part of the MEI posted increases, the education sector’s online hiring decreased by 11%. Abhijeet Mukherjee, Monster.com’s CEO for Asia-Pacific and Middle East, said the increase in online hiring activity in the Philippines is due to the government’s infrastructural reforms and renewed foreign investment policy. He added that the description of the country as Asia’s next economic powerhouse has made it more attractive to overseas investors.

Read more here.

Related outsourcing resources

  • Top 40 BPO companies in the Philippines
    UPDATED: Welcome to the Top 40 BPO Outsourcing Companies In The Philippines.  The BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) industry plays a vital role in the emerging economy of the Philippines, and contributes over 11% to the GDP.  It is the single largest sector, employs over 1.2 million people, spre...  Read more
  • The strong future of outsourcing: White Paper
    A white paper, by Outsource Accelerator, exploring the trends, challenges, and initiatives in the outsourcing sector, and the unrecognized potential of the SME Sector as the potent success factor. Part I. Overview Introduction to outsourcing:  a recent search for efficiency The 1997 Asian financi...  Read more
  • Ultimate guide to outsourcing
    It takes courage and conviction to take your business down the outsourcing road. Outsourcing may include risks; which is why this guide was written to teach you on how to do it as safe as possible and also to maximize returns sooner. These days could be some of the most exciting times in your li...  Read more
  • Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) definition
    What is business process outsourcing? Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) is the engagement of services from a third-party provider. BPO uses various technology-enabled services to hasten the delivery of services. The business activities could be back-office such as, but not limited to, payroll, a...  Read more
  • How outsourcing can cut labor costs by up to 70%
    Outsourcing some of your business’s processes is a smart choice regardless if your company is a small startup that’s well on its track to become a multinational enterprise, or if you’re already there and you’re looking to expand your operations. By contracting work to other companies, your busi...  Read more
  • Mads Singers - Get the most out of your outsourced team
    Mads Singers Mads Singers is a management consultant, trainer and also outsources as well. He has an outsourcing operation down in Davao, Philippines. I had a really good conversation with Mads about how to motivate and run remote teams, and more importantly, how to get the best out of your outs...  Read more
Shares