Online hiring in the business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in the Philippines rose 12% in the month of March, according to Monster.com. Data from the Monster Employment Index (MEI) revealed that overall online hiring activity in the country in March surged 13%. Industries that posted strong demand growth included healthcare at 25%, consumer goods and hospitality at 24%, and logistics at 22%. Meanwhile, online employment of banks increased 15%; manufacturing, 8%; advertising, 7%; and construction, 6%. While most industries that were part of the MEI posted increases, the education sector’s online hiring decreased by 11%. Abhijeet Mukherjee, Monster.com’s CEO for Asia-Pacific and Middle East, said the increase in online hiring activity in the Philippines is due to the government’s infrastructural reforms and renewed foreign investment policy. He added that the description of the country as Asia’s next economic powerhouse has made it more attractive to overseas investors.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information