Indian IT consulting and outsourcing company Wipro Ltd is paying USD460m to acquire US healthcare firm HealthPlan Services. HealthPlan Services, which offers technology solutions to health insurance firms, will be the fourth acquisition by Wipro since the beginning of the fiscal in April 2015. Wipro, which also operates a number of business process outsourcing (BPO) centers in the Philippines, says the acquisition positions Wipro to participate in the shift of the US health insurance industry towards a consumer-centric business model. The Indian BPO company did not say how it will finance the transaction. The company, however, had USD4.63bn in cash at the end of December. HealthPlan Services was founded in 1970 and recorded a revenue of USD223m 2015.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information