NHS Scotland, the publicly funded healthcare system in Scotland, has awarded technology outsourcing firm Wipro a 12-year contract to build an Enterprise Master Patient Index (eMPI) solution. Wipro and NextGate will work together to carry out the project, which seeks to help NHS Scotland transition from its current legacy Community Health Index System to an effective, efficient, paperless and patient-friendly healthcare services in Scotland. With NextGate, Wipro will build a scalable solution to enable healthcare providers in the Scottish healthcare boards to maintain unique patient identifiers. Headquartered in Bangalore, India, Wipro also operates centers in the Philippines.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information